1980s

Men's Tennis records, 1946-1988

added on Sat, 03/28/2009 - 23:27

The records of the men's tennis team include newspaper clippings, photographs, statistics, match schedules, and athlete information sheets. All materials are currently interfiled chronologically.


Men's Track records, 1946-1991

added on Sat, 03/28/2009 - 23:25

UR 7.10 Men's Track records, 1946-1991, 2.33 cubic feet The collection consists of press releases, newspaper clippings, meet programs, team rosters and schedules, statistics and score sheets, and photographs.  All materials are currently interfiled chronologically. This collection is partially processed.  A preliminary inventory is available; for more information, contact the archivist at archives@drexel.edu.


Volleyball records, 1983-1988

added on Sat, 03/28/2009 - 23:23

UR 7.23 Volleyball records, 1983-1988, 6 folders The collection consists of newspaper clippings and photographs.  Materials are currently interfiled chronologically. This collection is partially processed.  A preliminary inventory is available; for more information, contact the archivist at archives@drexel.edu.


Wrestling records, 1953-1990

added on Sat, 03/28/2009 - 23:21

The collection consists of newspaper clippings, press releases, match programs, score books, brochures, and photos, photographic negatives, and contact sheets. Materials are currently interfiled chronologically.


Tau Beta Pi Pennsylvania Zeta Chapter records, 1926-1987


Tau Beta Pi, a national honorary fraternity for engineering students, was founded at Lehigh University in 1885. Drexel's chapter, the Pennsylvania Zeta chapter, was established in 1930. This collection documents the chapter's activities and members from its founding through 1987. It includes administrative materials such as the Tau Beta Pi bylaws, the Pennsylvania Zeta chapter charter, and publications and catalogs from the national office. The bulk of the collection consists of chronological files that document the year-by-year activities of Drexel's chapter; these files contain correspondence, surveys submitted to the national office, and records of projects sponsored in that year. In addition, there is a set of index cards listing the names of Tau Beta Pi members, as well as a few un-awarded membership certificates and keys.


Middle States Association accreditation records, 1953-1990

added on Sat, 03/28/2009 - 23:13

The Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools certifies educational institutions to grant degrees and diplomas. The collection consists of preliminary and final reports to the Middle States Association; research materials gathered in the preparation of these reports; and the records of the working groups established during the self-study. The bulk of the records are from the re-accreditation that took place during the 1990s.


Drexel Women's Club records, 1927-1980


The Drexel Women's Club was founded in 1927 by the wife of Drexel's president, Kenneth G. Matheson. Membership was opened to female faculty and staff as well as the wives of faculty and administrators. To fulfill its stated purpose of "promot[ing] good fellowship and to further the interests of the Institute in every way possible," the Women's Club began to offer student loans, scholarships, and awards. In 1942, the club began to publish the Drexel News Letter, a publication sent to Drexel men serving in the armed forces during World War II, with news about happenings at Drexel and from its readers. The Women's Club has also sponsored card parties, plays, teas, and other benefit events such as fundraisers for its scholarship and loan funds. Records in the collection include the club's constitution, financial records, minutes, membership rosters, annual reports, subject files on events sponsored by the Women's Club, newsletters, and a history of the club written in 1947.


College of Business and Administration records, 1934, 1966-1989

added on Fri, 03/27/2009 - 16:41

The College of Business and Administration was established as the Business Department when the Drexel Insitute of Art, Science, and Industry. The school was renamed the School of Business Administration in 1922 (later the College of Business Administration in 1945) and began granting bachelor's degrees in 1923. The MBA program was established in 1949. The college was first accredited by the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) in 1966 (for its undergraduate program) and in 1976 (for its MBA). A PhD program was launched in 1980. The bulk of this collection consists of the 1966 application for AACSB accreditation and reports prepared for reaccreditation in 1986. It also includes an earlier AACSB application, annual reports from the dean to Drexel's president from 1978 to 1981; a strategic plan from the 1980s; a report on the founding of the PhD program; and MBA and PhD curricular materials.


Office of Research Administration records, 1960-1990

added on Fri, 03/27/2009 - 16:13

This collection consists of quarterly reports produced by the Office of Research Administration. The reports summarize external funding received in the form of grants, research support, or contracted services provided by the university. They also list individual grant applications by faculty members and academic departments. Also included with the collection is a manual for the Office of Research Administration and a grant application to the National Science Foundation requesting support for building its research program.


Placement Services Center records, 1953-1981

added on Fri, 03/27/2009 - 14:55

The bulk of this collection is annual reports from the 1960s and 1970s submitted by the director of graduate placement to the Office of University Relations (the department in charge of the Office of Graduate Placement, later known as the Placement Services Center). The reports contain summarized data on students placed, starting salaries, employers of Drexel graduates, and students going on to graduate school. The collection also contains a newsletter published by the Placement Services Center from 1979 and1983-1985, as well as information booklets about the Placement Services Center for the classes of 1977 to 1981.


Syndicate content


:) Copyright © 2014 Drexel University  |   Privacy Policy