c

Civil and Architectural Engineering senior design project reports, 2002

added on Sun, 03/29/2009 - 17:28

This is a collection of final reports submitted by students in CAE 493, the final course of a three-course senior project sequence in the Department of Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering. The reports simulate engineering design proposals for construction projects, such as the construction of a new dormitory for Drexel, a new passenger rail line between the Philadelphia Airport and the Delaware River waterfront, and the renovation of a bridge on highway I-95.


Commencement collection, 1894-2005


UR 6.9 Commencement collection, 1894-2005, 3.33 cubic feet Drexel celebrated its first school-wide commencement in 1894.  The collection includes programs, invitations, correspondence, speeches, and rosters related to commencement ceremonies at Drexel University and its predescessor institutions.  Records are arranged chronologically by date. This collection is partially processed.  A preliminary inventory list is available in the archives; contact the archivist at archives@drexel.edu for more information.


Dean of the College of Engineering records, 1954-1969

added on Fri, 03/27/2009 - 16:51

LeRoy A. Brothers was dean of the College of Engineering from 1958 to 1970. Born in Wilmington, North Carolina, he studied civil engineering at North Carolina State College and joined Drexel's faculty as a professor of civil engineering in 1927. He left Drexel in 1942 to serve in the U. S. Air Force, and in 1944 he became chief of operations analysis for the war in south and east Asia. He left Drexel altogether in 1945, and in 1946 he became Assistant for Operations at the U. S. Air Force headquarters in Washington. After returning to Drexel as dean in 1958, he served briefly as acting dean of faculty in 1961 and 1962. The bulk of the records in the collection are files on academic departments and committees documenting the administration of the College of Engineering and Science from 1961 to 1965. One box of material consists entirely of records of the American Society for Engineering Education's (ASEA) Engineering College Administrative Council (ECAC) Committee for the Analysis of Engineering Enrollment.


College of Business and Administration records, 1934, 1966-1989

added on Fri, 03/27/2009 - 16:41

The College of Business and Administration was established as the Business Department when the Drexel Insitute of Art, Science, and Industry. The school was renamed the School of Business Administration in 1922 (later the College of Business Administration in 1945) and began granting bachelor's degrees in 1923. The MBA program was established in 1949. The college was first accredited by the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) in 1966 (for its undergraduate program) and in 1976 (for its MBA). A PhD program was launched in 1980. The bulk of this collection consists of the 1966 application for AACSB accreditation and reports prepared for reaccreditation in 1986. It also includes an earlier AACSB application, annual reports from the dean to Drexel's president from 1978 to 1981; a strategic plan from the 1980s; a report on the founding of the PhD program; and MBA and PhD curricular materials.


Office of Continuing Professional Education records, 1970, 1975-1990

added on Fri, 03/27/2009 - 13:52

The collection consists chiefly of course catalogs and promotional brochures for classes and special programs offered through the Office of Continuing Professional Education in 1970 and from 1975 to 1986. It also contains a few administrative records and a publication called "Prospectus for Professional Development" published by the Office of Continuing Professional Education from 1977 until 1979.


Syndicate content


:) Copyright © 2014 Drexel University  |   Privacy Policy