MC 46 Jacqueline C. Mancall papers, 1974-2003, 6 cubic feet
The Jacqueline C. Mancall papers consist primarily of speeches, publications, conference materials, and grant records projects from the career of a Drexel information science professor.
Rosalind Schulman was a professor of economics in Drexel's College of Business Administration from 1965 to 1979. Before earning a Ph.D. in economics from the University of Pennsylvania in 1964, she spent twenty years as national research director for the Industrial Union of Marine and Shipbuilding Workers of America. Considered an expert on industrial development in Pennsylvania, Dr. Schulman became an economic consultant to the commonwealth in 1969. In 1972 she was appointed by Pennsylvania governor Milton J. Shapp to the Governor's Committee on Tax Reform, and from approximately 1974 to 1978 she was a member of the Governor's Energy Council. This collection consists of correspondence and reports related to Dr. Schulman's service on the council.
Bound booklets containing contact information for students, faculty, and staff.
The Drexel Women's Club was founded in 1927 by the wife of Drexel's president, Kenneth G. Matheson. Membership was opened to female faculty and staff as well as the wives of faculty and administrators. To fulfill its stated purpose of "promot[ing] good fellowship and to further the interests of the Institute in every way possible," the Women's Club began to offer student loans, scholarships, and awards. In 1942, the club began to publish the Drexel News Letter, a publication sent to Drexel men serving in the armed forces during World War II, with news about happenings at Drexel and from its readers. The Women's Club has also sponsored card parties, plays, teas, and other benefit events such as fundraisers for its scholarship and loan funds. Records in the collection include the club's constitution, financial records, minutes, membership rosters, annual reports, subject files on events sponsored by the Women's Club, newsletters, and a history of the club written in 1947.
This collection consists of quarterly reports produced by the Office of Research Administration. The reports summarize external funding received in the form of grants, research support, or contracted services provided by the university. They also list individual grant applications by faculty members and academic departments. Also included with the collection is a manual for the Office of Research Administration and a grant application to the National Science Foundation requesting support for building its research program.
In 1955, the Drexel Institute of Technology initiated a management survey with support from the Ford Foundation's Fund for the Advancement of Education. The consulting firm of Alderson & Sessions was hired to conduct the survey. The study was carried out in two phases: a management phase, which examined Drexel's organizational structure and managerial effectiveness, and a marketing phase, which looked at Drexel's appeal to students and its relationship to other Philadelphia institutions. This collection consists of records compiled by dean of the faculty Harry L. Bowman, who served on the Survey Advisory Committee. It includes three of the four volumes comprising the full final report: detailed analyses from the marketing and management phases of the project and statistical data compiled for the marketing phase. (A copy of the fourth volume, an executive summary of the entire report, is available in the Nesbitt College of Design Arts records). It also includes a file of correspondence and meeting minutes compiled by Dean Bowman.
This collection consists chiefly of annual reports submitted by the dean of faculty to the president of the Drexel Institute of Technology: Harry L. Bowman (b. 1899, dean of faculty1953-1961), LeRoy A. Brothers (1904-1985, interim dean of faculty 1961-1962), and Kenneth G. Matheson, Jr. (b. 1902, dean of faculty 1962-1967). It also includes a small set of correspondence and other records from acting dean Brothers dated 1961-1962.