Drexel's Graduate School of Library Science (later the College of Information Science and Technology) was founded as the Library and Reading Room during the Drexel Institute's first year of operation in 1892. It was closed by President Hollis Godfrey in 1914 and reopened as the School of Library Science in 1922. This collection consists of two alphabetical sets of index cards containing information about graduates of the library school from the 1890s to the early 1970s. Each card contains an alumnus's address, initial job placement, and subsequent jobs held. The cards are arranged in two alphabetical sets: one from 1895 to 1914, and the other from 1924 to 1973.
In 1970, the Office of Community Affairs took on responsibility for government affairs efforts and became the Office of Government and Community Affairs. Government affairs staff lobbied in Washington, D.C., and Harrisburg, Pa., with the goal of increasing government funding for research, securing state aid, and generally raising the profile of the university locally, nationally, and internationally. In 1985, government affairs functions were moved to the Office of University Relations. This collection consists of subject files compiled by government relations staff from 1981 to 1996. It contains files on particular legislators documenting lobbying activities, on individual bills and laws, and on state and federal aid, as well as reports on and proposals for public funding for higher education.