The collection consists of a small set of newspaper clippings from 1983 to 1986.
The collection consists of newspaper clippings, press releases, match programs, score books, brochures, and photos, photographic negatives, and contact sheets. Materials are currently interfiled chronologically.
The Drexel Women's Club was founded in 1927 by the wife of Drexel's president, Kenneth G. Matheson. Membership was opened to female faculty and staff as well as the wives of faculty and administrators. To fulfill its stated purpose of "promot[ing] good fellowship and to further the interests of the Institute in every way possible," the Women's Club began to offer student loans, scholarships, and awards. In 1942, the club began to publish the Drexel News Letter, a publication sent to Drexel men serving in the armed forces during World War II, with news about happenings at Drexel and from its readers. The Women's Club has also sponsored card parties, plays, teas, and other benefit events such as fundraisers for its scholarship and loan funds. Records in the collection include the club's constitution, financial records, minutes, membership rosters, annual reports, subject files on events sponsored by the Women's Club, newsletters, and a history of the club written in 1947.